[Dovecot] troubles with broken clients (iPhone)

Federico Bianchi f.bianchi at arte.unipi.it
Mon Jul 6 14:29:50 EEST 2009

Sorry if the question has been answered before, but I haven't been able to
find any relevant topic on your mailing list archive.

We are using Dovecot 1.1.6 with legacy mbox storage on a mail server of
ours; the trouble is, users connected via DSL with both a computer and a
iPhone on the same wireless network experience broken connections - this
is very likely a file locking issue, and as such might happen with other
broken clients relying on persistent connections.

My question: is there a way to tell Dovecot the lock is owned _only_ by
the latest connection opened by the same user, therefore closing all the
others?

Thanks a lot for both your help and for making such a great POP3/IMAP
client available

 	 		Federico Bianchi
 			Dipartimento di Storia delle Arti
 			Universita` di Pisa
 			piazza S.Matteo in Soarta, 2 - I56127 Pisa (Italy)
 			fax.+39-050-580128; e-mail: <f.bianchi at arte.unipi.it>