[Dovecot] deliver and qmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 10:56:44 EET 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Tim Traver wrote:

> ok, after looking at all of the posts that I've found, and trying
> numerous settings, I am a little stumped as to how to set up the deliver
> program with qmail to get everything correct.

qmail is way obsolete and buggy.
http://mandree.home.pages.de/qmail-bugs.html

I've migrated away to Postfix ages before Postfix 1.0 was released and
never rued that change a split second...

> Ultimately, I really don't want to do a lookup of the home dir if I
> don't have to. I'd rather specify the stuff in the .qmail-user file for
> that particular user to avoid the extra step.

...are home directory lookups so very expensive on your system? Hard to
believe. I always found that qmail's (and qmail-send's) queue spooling
behaviour was what really hurted, with a dozen (or so) synchronous
writes for just spooling the message into the queue...

--
Matthias Andree