[Dovecot] deliver and qmail

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Tue Jan 27 01:46:55 EET 2009

Hi all,

ok, after looking at all of the posts that I've found, and trying
numerous settings, I am a little stumped as to how to set up the deliver
program with qmail to get everything correct.

Ultimately, I really don't want to do a lookup of the home dir if I
don't have to. I'd rather specify the stuff in the .qmail-user file for
that particular user to avoid the extra step.

In looking in the wiki, it says for users without a lookup to use

HOME=/path/to/user/homedir deliver -f $FROM_ENVELOPE

but I can't do that in the .qmail file, which would normally look something like this :

|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f ${SENDER:-<>}

I would rather not do the master authentication socket as described for obvious reasons.

is there a format in the .qmail file that I can use with deliver to achieve what I want???

Thanks,

Tim.