[Dovecot] Dovecot upgrade broke per-user Sieve scripts

John Reese jreese at leetcode.net
Sat Jan 24 17:09:26 EET 2009

Hi all,

I'm migrating my private mail server from Dovecot 1.0.10 to Dovecot
1.1.4 (both the latest package in Ubuntu Hardy and Intrepid, resp.).

I'm using Postfix with Postfixadmin virtual users , passing mail to
Dspam, which in turn passes email to the Dovecot LDA.  The relevant
configuration section is attached below.

When running on the old version of Dovecot, the LDA correctly executed
either the user's personal sieverc script, or the global sieverc, as
expected.

However, after the upgrade to 1.1.4, Dovecot will not execute any
per-user Sieve scripts, although the configuration and file permissions
hasn't changed.  I've added debug logging to Dovecot, and the relevant
portions of the log file are also attached below.

What am I missing here?  Why can't cmusieve find the user's script?  Did
the configuration for Sieve change?  I've read and re-read the Dovecot
wiki page for Sieve, and I can't see why my configuration should be
causing any troubles.

All help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

### dovecot.conf

protocols = imap imaps
disable_plaintext_auth = no

mail_debug = yes
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log

mail_location = maildir:/srv/mail/%u/Maildir
first_valid_uid = 900

ssl_cert_file = /srv/ssl/dovecot.pem
ssl_key_file = /srv/ssl/leetcode.net.key

auth default {
         mechanisms = plain login

         passdb sql {
                 args = /srv/etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
         }
         userdb sql {
                 args = /srv/etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
         }

         socket listen {
                 master {
                         path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
                         mode = 0600
                         user = vmail
                 }

                 client {
                         path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
                         mode = 0600
                         user = postfix
                         group = postfix
                 }
         }
}

protocol lda {
         log_path = /srv/mail/dovecot-deliver.log
         auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
         postmaster_address = postmaster at leetcode.net
         mail_plugins = cmusieve
         sieve_global_path = /srv/mail/sieverc

         plugin {
                 sieve = /srv/mail/%u/sieverc
         }
}

### end dovecot.conf

### dovecot.log

deliver(jreese at leetcode.net): Jan 24 14:30:40 Info: Loading modules from
directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda
deliver(jreese at leetcode.net): Jan 24 14:30:40 Info: Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so
deliver(jreese at leetcode.net): Jan 24 14:30:40 Info: auth input:
jreese at leetcode.net
deliver(jreese at leetcode.net): Jan 24 14:30:40 Info: auth input:
maildir=jreese at leetcode.net/