[Dovecot] dovecot bulletins?

Maciej Uhlig maciej.uhlig at us.edu.pl
Wed Jan 21 00:18:00 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen:
> What exactly are they? I guess a global file that is served as a message
> for all users?
Right. With POP3 it is served once - after first user login after the
message was placed in bulletin database (just a plaintext file in a
directory, for instance).

> That's more difficult to implement with IMAP than with
> POP3.
You know better, but... just place incoming (bulletin) mail in INBOX.

> One possibility would be to use v1.2 and its virtual mailboxes.
> Create a virtual INBOX from user's real INBOX and the global bulletin
> mailbox.

Sounds promising. We'll give it a try some day :-)

Best regards,

MU