[Dovecot] behavior of dovecot with Openldap

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Tue Jan 20 10:50:27 EET 2009

El Martes, 20 de Enero de 2009 a las 08:47, geoffroy desvernay escribió:
> Here we use "uris" parameter instead of "hosts", and we seems to have
> expected behaviour: dovecot is always using the first listed uri except
> if it doesn't respond (switch to the second)

Same experience here (RHEL4 and several dovecot versions). Dovecot only uses
the 1st ldap server in the uris variable, and only tries the other ones when
this doesn't respond: we've had some problems with the primary server taking
like 1 minute for each answer and dovecot didn't switch to the next one.

--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.