[Dovecot] Shared Mailboxes (symlink) and kmail: known issues?

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Mon Jan 19 19:32:07 EET 2009

Hi,

are there any known issues with symlinked-shared-mailboxes and kmail?

I use virtual users (LDAP), so there are no unix-permissions related
problems here: all mailboxes are owned by the local user vmail.

Each user maildir has some symlinks to shared mailboxes. This works
fine if I use squirrelmail as a MUA.

kmail instead seems to have some problems: if I save a mail into the
shared-folder, the other users are seeing this new mail almost
immediately. But if I delete(!) a mail from the shared-folder, the
list of the other kmails remains untouch. Refreshing does nothing. I
have to close kmail and restart.

Is this related to some sort of wrong config of the shared mailboxes
or is this a (known) dovecot <-> kmail problem?

--
Wilhelm