[Dovecot] Procmail + Dovecot

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Fri Jan 16 19:19:26 EET 2009

Mark Nyqvist Hjarding <mark at hjarding.dk> wrote:

> I have been trying to set up procmail but I am running into some issues
> with using deliver. I am running Debian Etch with Dovecot 1.1.8 compiled
> from the Debian Experimental source package.
>
> ##### Start .procmailrc #####
> # System-wide settings for procmail
> SHELL="/bin/bash"
> SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t"
> LOGFILE="/var/log/procmail.log"
> DELIVER="/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
>
> # Set to yes when debugging
> VERBOSE=yes
>
> # Some news clients, such as slrn & nn, use $HOME/News
> DEFAULT="$HOME/"
> MAILDIR="$HOME/"
>
> # Directory for storing procmail-related files
> PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail
>
> # Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
> LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
>
> :0 w
> * ^(From|Cc|To).*(suspend2|tuxonice)
> | /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -m .mail.tuxonice
> ##### End .procmailrc #####
>
> When I receive a matching email I get the following in my Procmail log:
> procmail: Match on "^(From|Cc|To).*(suspend2|tuxonice)"
> procmail: Executing "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver,-m,.mail.tuxonice"
> procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
> procmail: Program failure (78) of "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -m .mail.tuxonice"
>
> The email then ends up in my INBOX instead.
>
> Can anyone help me how to fix this?
>
> /Mark

Does dovecot's deliver report something more in the log files?
I remember on my installation it has been very picky about missing
postmaster_address in configuration file even when executed with -e.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu : anfi at xl.wp.pl
"... And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of
your own."
  -- "Scoop" Nisker, KFOG radio reporter Preposterous Words