[Dovecot] Patch to deliver

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:51:24 EET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 19:28 -0200, Allan Cassaro wrote:
>> I wrote a little patch to add the capability of the deliver to
>> customize the "subject" of the rejection messages.
>> Now is possibly to translate the body and subject!
>
> I hate adding new settings to dovecot.conf, I'd instead just want to
> remove them. But I guess there's no choice here, especially because the
> current default subject is pretty bad (IMO). I applied your patch with
> some changes and also changed the default subject to the same as it
> currently is, so that there aren't any unexpected changes visible to
> others. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/410f0dcc1219
>
> I'm thinking about changing the default for v1.2 to "Re: <original
> subject>". Or perhaps "Re: Rejected: <original subject>" or something
> like that. Does anyone have thoughts about those?

Humm... for non-english users, the "Re: <original subject>" it's ok,
but it's not very "user friendly" about the problem... the (sender)
user must open the e-mail to discover the problem, now image if the
user have a PDA or cell phone with internet access (this is my case):
The user will read the subject and thinking: "this is my response!",
connect to internet (and pay for this) download some kbytes and
discover that is a error, not a response... With the patch, I can
translate the error to my languange and avoid this...

Sorry, but I like the way that the patch works...

Regards.