[Dovecot] Enforcing STARTTLS for all mechs while disabling imaps

Thu Jan 15 13:01:21 EET 2009

On 1/15/2009, Durk Strooisma (durk at kern.nl) wrote:
> As far as I can see, this would only be possible when using imaps and
> disabling imap. However, I would like to have the other way around;
> disabling imaps and using imap for all communication (with enforced
> STARTTLS).
> Am I missing something?

Yes... an explanation for why you want/need to do this...

If you just don't want to force users to change their MUA config, you
could just disable imap, and redirect port 143 to 993 in your
firewall/router... but the client will have to be configured to at least
attempt STARTTLS...

--

Best regards,

Charles