[Dovecot] Enforcing STARTTLS for all mechs while disabling imaps

Durk Strooisma durk at kern.nl
Thu Jan 15 11:26:54 EET 2009

Hi all,

Is there a way to enforce STARTTLS for all connections, regardless their
authentication mechanism? disable_plaintext_auth only takes care of the auth
conversation, but I would like to have all communication encrypted.

As far as I can see, this would only be possible when using imaps and
disabling imap. However, I would like to have the other way around;
disabling imaps and using imap for all communication (with enforced
STARTTLS).
Am I missing something?

Durk