[Dovecot] postfix - dovecot - ldap

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Jan 14 12:29:39 EET 2009

* Martin Sengstschmid <ms35 at lanolino.at>:
> Hallo,
> I want to run postfix - dovecot - openldap working together
>
> The first problem is, that dovecot doesn't create the directories
>
> /usr/local/mail/abcshop.at/bamm/Maildir
> cur
> new
> tmp
>
> although I can contact the Dovecot-Server
>
> telnet localhost 143
> OK ....
> 1 login bamm at abcshop.at secret
> OK Logged in
>
> /usr/local/mail/ is owned by virtual:virtual
>
> If I uncomment the line
> #mail_location = maildir:/usr/local/mail/%d/%n/Maildir
>
> dovecot creates the directories
> /usr/local/mail/abcshop.at/bamm/mail

Do you specify the location in LDAP with an attribute? Then prepend maildir
like this:

maildir:/usr/local/mail/abcshop.at/bamm/mail

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de