[Dovecot] postfix - dovecot - ldap

Martin Sengstschmid ms35 at lanolino.at
Wed Jan 14 00:16:24 EET 2009

Hallo,
I want to run postfix - dovecot - openldap working together

The first problem is, that dovecot doesn't create the directories

/usr/local/mail/abcshop.at/bamm/Maildir
cur
new
tmp

although I can contact the Dovecot-Server

telnet localhost 143
OK ....
1 login bamm at abcshop.at secret
OK Logged in

/usr/local/mail/ is owned by virtual:virtual

If I uncomment the line
#mail_location = maildir:/usr/local/mail/%d/%n/Maildir

dovecot creates the directories
/usr/local/mail/abcshop.at/bamm/mail

What is going wrong in my configuration files?

Thanks for help!
Martin

dovecot-ldap.conf

hosts = localhost
dn = uid=dovecot,ou=services,dc=abcshop,dc=at
dnpass = secret
ldap_version = 3
base = ou=people,dc=abcshop,dc=at

user_attrs =
mailHomeDirectory=home,mailUidNumber=uid,mailGidNumber=gid,mailStorageDirectory=mail
user_filter =(&(objectClass=PostfixBookMailAccount)(uniqueIdentifier=%u))

pass_attrs = uniqueIdentifier=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=PostfixBookMailAccount)(uniqueIdentifier=%u))
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN

dovecot.conf:

protocols = imap imaps
disable_plaintext_auth = no
ssl_cert_file = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/mail.example.com-cert.pem
ssl_key_file = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/mail.example.com-key.pem
log_path=/var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path=/var/log/dovecot.log
mail_privileged_group = mail
dotlock_use_excl = yes
verbose_proctitle = yes
first_valid_uid = 1000
first_valid_gid = 1000
mail_location = maildir:/usr/local/mail/%d/%n/Maildir
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
  login_greeting_capability = yes
  imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail netscape-eoh tb-extra-mailbox-sep
}

protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
  mail_plugins = quota
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}
protocol managesieve {
  sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_storage=~/sieve