[Dovecot] deliver: command died with signal 6

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 13 20:59:30 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:20 +0100, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:46:04PM -0500, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >
> > Reading your old mails: are you still using GPFS? This crash just
> > shouldn't be happening, so perhaps something randomly breaks with it.
> > Are you using mmap_disable=yes? Multiple servers can access the same
> > user's mails at the same time?
>
> Yes, we're using GPFS, but haven't turned on mmap_disable=yes. I believe
> GPFS should handle mmap across the cluster, and it's been working fine
> without this setting with the old v1.0.0+.
>
> Do you have any idea what the performance impact should be of turning on
> mmap_disable=yes ?

I don't think there would be much of a performance impact. With GPFS it
might actually even be a positive impact (especially with v1.0).

I don't really have ideas why it was working with a previous v1.0
version but not with v1.0.15. Although perhaps I have just added more
error checks and the previous version just handled the error condition
wrong..