[Dovecot] convert non-standard mbox to maildir

Maarten Bezemer mcbdovecot at robuust.nl
Sun Jan 4 01:20:28 EET 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, mouss wrote:

> did you try:
> 	mb2md -R -s /path/to/your/pst/INBOX -d /path/to/Maildir

I did not, but did now, and it didn't work... As expected, it creates
empty folders with the right name, containing sub folders named 'mailbox'
with the contents of the original folder in the PST.

But, then I came across the -r switch, and added a -r mailbox. Then, it
put the contents into the right folder, but still created empty mailbox
sub-folders. I can live with that.. writing a script to just remove the
empty mailbox folders (including the cur,new,tmp below it) took just about
2 minutes.

Now to find the best version of mb2md ;-)
(There's a few pointers in the wiki page, but I don't like all the
adaptations by Julian Fitzell, so I think I'll be patching my own version
after all)

Thanks for the hint!

Regards,
Maarten