[Dovecot] deliver looking into root directory for sieve configuration ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 3 17:31:26 EET 2009

On Jan 3, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Guillaume Hilt wrote:

> Timo Sirainen a écrit :
>> On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Guillaume Hilt wrote:
>>
>>> Jan  2 14:48:52 mail deliver(postmaster at adomain.fr): chdir(/root)
>>> failed: Permission denied
>> ..
>>> Why does it look inside the /root folder for sieve configuration ?
>>
>> Your userdb returns /root as home directory. Show your dovecot-
>> sql.conf and enable auth_debug=yes and show the logs again.
>>

> Oh.
>
> Postfixadmin inly store a portion of the maildir path.
> Instead of storing /home/vmail/domain/user it stores domain/user.

OK. Looks like I was a bit wrong. Your userdb doesn't return any home
directory (it's preferred to return one, http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers#homedirs)
  and deliver preserves HOME environment which is set to /root in your
case. That causes the chdir() error. I think I'll have to do something
about this in v1.2. The HOME environment shouldn't be preserved when
using -d parameter.