[Dovecot] Problem with ldap error logging

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Aug 25 07:29:38 EEST 2009

El Mon, 24-08-2009 a las 18:27 +0200, Stefano Fedrigo escribió:
> > I guess I could work around it, but then again no one else has had this
> > problem.. It'll be fixed in v2.0 in any case.
>
> Of course the main problem is with Openldap, but such a fix could be very
> useful to improve system's reliability when using Dovecot.

I'd also like to report something that smells very much like a bug in
Dovecot's delivery agent /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver.

On upgrading to Dovecot 1.2.3, the "cmusieve" plugin was replaced by
"sieve", so I started getting these errors in my maillog until I fixed
the configuration:

  Aug 19 11:33:26 trinity dovecot: deliver(bernie): Fatal: Plugin cmusieve not found from directory /usr/lib/dovecot/lda

A lot of people told me they did not receive bounces from my MTA, which
I'm sure would have happened if the deliver command returned an error to
its parent process (procmail, which in turn would have propagated the
error to qmail-local).

Better yet, Dovecot's deliver agent should return a temporary failure,
although I'm not sure if there's a conventional exit code to propagate
this condition to the parent process.