[Dovecot] Help with building sieve

Jonathan Siegle jsiegle at psu.edu
Fri Aug 21 20:16:28 EEST 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Jonathan Siegle wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Siegle wrote:
>>> Am building sieve plugin on AIX. This is revision
>>> 1095:8010f1eb66b3. I see the following error when doing the build:
>>> rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
>>> mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
>>> rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
>>> mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
>>> (cd .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a && ar x /usr/sadmin/
>>> src/imapservers/dovecothg/dovecot-1.2-sievepsu/src/plugins/lda-si
>>> eve/../../../src/lib-sieve/.libs/libsieve.a)^M
>>> libtool: link: warning: object name conflicts; renaming object
>>> files^M
>>> libtool: link: warning: to ensure that they will not overwrite^M
>>> Usage: uniq [-c | -d | -u] [-f Fields] [-s Chars] [-Fields]
>>> [+Chars] [Input_file [Output_file]]^M
>>> I think this is the crux of my missing  notify_operation token I
>>> reported the other day. I can solve the uniq -cd problem. I don't
>>> know what libtool is trying to do there.
>> I am wondering why it breaks specifically on the notify command and
>> opcode structs. All other extensions are defined identically and
>> should show the same symptoms. Maybe there is a subtle difference
>> somewhere that triggers this problem on AIX. I'll have a look, but
>> I won't be able to reproduce anything.
>>
>> Timo also may have an idea. He'll be back some time next week.
>>

> I'm closing in on the problem. uniq/sort on AIX are different than
> GNU uniq/sort. I've built gnu coreutils and am using that.  ar is
> also different in that it won't remove duplicate symbols. I'll get
> it figured out and report back, but any tips are appreciated.
>

> -Jonathan

Ok I got it work. I just need to figure out long term. The issue is
why I must use GNU ar vs AIX ar when building lib90_sieve_plugin.so,
but AIX ar and not GNU ar when building libsieve.a. Plus it would be
nice if GNU sort/uniq had different flags than AIX sort/uniq, but I
don't see that happening..

-Jonathan