[Dovecot] dovecot/sieve current date

bart bart at crossbar.net
Wed Aug 19 13:42:22 EEST 2009

Hi,

Is there a way in sieve to get the current date, preferably in YYYYMMDD
format? To what I've found it's hard to achieve. I have tried including
a :global sieve script in which I would set the current date to a
certain variable and overwrite this included script every day. But to my
disappointement variables set in an included script do not exist in the
original script...

In fact what I want to achieve is that some actions like forwarding or
vacation messages are performed from a certain date untill another date.
Which would allow a user to define a timeperiod in which the autoreply
or forward should be done and automatically stop without updating the
sieve script again. Comparing start and stopdate is cake, but just
getting today's date seems to be a hassle, any ideas?

regards, bart