[Dovecot] deliver vs lda

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Apr 12 06:45:31 EEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:01 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> deliver is the binary name. but it's configured inside protocol lda {}
> section. This is getting annoying, any thoughts on what would be a good
> unifying name?

Hmm. I just realized. Once I implement LMTP server, it needs to read the
same settings as deliver. And perhaps it also needs some of its own
settings?.. So I'm thinking that the whole protocol lda {} section
should go away in dovecot-example.conf. Only if you truly want some
settings to be read only by deliver you should add it and put stuff in
there. LMTP server would also read only protocol lmtp {} section.