[Dovecot] Multiple use of the same LDAP attribute

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu Apr 9 02:27:49 EEST 2009

Daniel L. Miller <dmiller at amfes.com> wrote:

> I'll admit I don't understand what you're trying to do with the above
> parameters, but let me share what I'm using and see if it helps.  I
> happen to be using a pure virtual configuration, with my mail users
> logging in using their full email address as a username.  So all I need
> to store in LDAP is the email address and the password.

This is the difference, here they can login either with their full email
address (also aliases) or with their internal userid (which is 16 char
hex). The home directory is derived from the latter, but since they can
also login with the mailaddress I can't use anything from the supplied
username to set the directory/mail location.

Bernhard