[Dovecot] deliver vs lda

Wed Apr 8 21:39:01 EEST 2009

On 4/8/2009 11:16 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> Me. It makes my code ugly. It makes writing to wiki difficult when you
>>> never know if you should call it deliver or lda. Basically there's no
>>> consistency, which is annoying.

>> How about dda (dovecot delivery agent)?

> No one's going to have any idea what that is :)

heh... well, they would soon enough...

Seriously though... why call it a 'local delivery agent', when its
really more than that? Local suggests local/system users, and dovecot
delivery agent works fine for both local and virtual users. Postfix
calls its local delivery agent 'local', and its virtual delivery agent
'virtual'

:)

So, fwiw (about 2 cents, in current dollars), I'd just vote for:

dovecot-deliver binary, protocol-deliver {}...

--

Best regards,

Charles