[Dovecot] Multiple use of the same LDAP attribute

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Wed Apr 8 21:09:28 EEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 12:41:17PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > So, it looks like there is an issue using the same LDAP attribute
> > (xxxMailbox in this case) twice in variable expansion.
> > Is this a known issue?
> Yes. I was planning on rewriting LDAP configuration and getting it fixed
> at the same time, but looks like it didn't happen yet for v1.2.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

> > Of course there are several viable workarounds
> > (base mail location on home directory,
> This is what I would have suggested. Seems like a cleaner solution in
> any case.

Come to think of it, any hint how I can implement the existing scheme?

user_attrs =

the maildir location is easy (mail=maildir:~/Maildir), but the index is
hard, as I don't have the userid in any variable.

The only thing I can come up with atm is

user_attrs =

but I'm willing to bet that this is going to break at some point, the
latest point being when someone changes the mailstore path and forgets
to update the offset :-\

What happens when the width is larger than the length of the string