[Dovecot] Coredump using virtual folder.

Matthias Rieber ml-dovecot at zu-con.org
Tue Apr 7 09:32:20 EEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using dovecot 1.2rc2 and I have the following issues with the virtual
folder:

1. The virtual folders are flagged with \Noselect and at least thunderbird
does not offer to select them. Adding them to the subscriptions file works
fine and the folder can be used after that.

2. Two basic virtual work just fine like:

$ cat virtual/all/dovecot-virtual
INBOX
INBOX.Ordner.work.archive.*
   all

and

$ cat virtual/unseen/dovecot-virtual
INBOX
   unseen

But the third one does not work:

$ cat virtual/talk/dovecot-virtual
virtual.all
   inthread x-references2 x-mailbox INBOX

The IMAP Client says Unkown server error, the server logs look like this:

dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): virtual: data=~/Maildir/virtual
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): fs: root=/home/matthias/Maildir/virtual, index=, control=, inbox=
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Namespace INBOX.: Using permissions from /home/matthias/Maildir: mode=0700 gid=-1
<access happens here>
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Loading modules from directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Module loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_fts_plugin.so
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Module loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_virtual_plugin.so
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Module loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so
dovecot: Info: IMAP(matthias): Module loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib21_fts_squat_plugin.so

kind regards,

matthias