[Dovecot] Released v1.1.5 and v1.2.alpha3
tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 22 21:19:53 EEST 2008
A combined release announcement for a change. :)
Largest changes since v1.1.4:
* Dovecot prints an informational message about authentication problems
at startup. The message goes away after the first successful
authentication. This hopefully reduces the number of "Why doesn't
my authentication work?" questions.
+ Maildir/dbox: Try harder to assign unique UIDVALIDITY values to
mailboxes to avoid potential problems when recreating or renaming
mailboxes. The UIDVALIDITY is tracked using dovecot-uidvalidity*
files in the mail root directory.
+ Many logging improvements
- In some conditions Dovecot could have stopped using existing cache
file and never used it again until it was deleted.
- pop3 + Maildir: Make sure virtual sizes are always written to
dovecot-uidlist. This way if the indexes are lost Dovecot will never
do a huge amount of work to recalculate them.
- mbox: Fixed listing mailboxes in namespaces with prefix beginning
with '~' or '/' (i.e. UW-IMAP compatibility namespaces didn't work).
- dict quota: Don't crash when recalculating quota (when quota warnings
- Fixes to handling "out of disk space/quota" failures.
- Blocking passdbs/userdbs (e.g. PAM, MySQL) could have failed lookups
sometimes when auth_worker_max_request_count was non-zero.
- Fixed compiling with OpenBSD
Largest changes since v1.2.alpha2:
+ Added userdb checkpassword (by Sascha Wilde)
+ Autocreate plugin: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Autocreate
+ Listescape plugin: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Listescape
- All the same fixes as for v1.1.5
I was thinking about waiting for Kolab people's work for shared mailbox
support to get done, get that code to v1.2 tree and then release
v1.2.beta1 with feature freeze.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20081022/e5a3aa64/attachment.bin
More information about the dovecot