[Dovecot] Upgrade To New Version

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu May 29 04:51:45 EEST 2008

Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Curtis Maloney <cmaloney at cardgate.net
> <mailto:cmaloney at cardgate.net>> wrote:
>
>     I recently upgraded from 0.99.14 to 1.0.13. <http://1.0.13.>  A
>     quick run through the config file to make sure they matched, and
>     that was it.  Timo's included enough support that Dovecot will
>     migrate/update a lot of things for you (like subscription files, etc).
>
>     It really was less painful than I'd anticipated.
>
> So are you saying all I have to really do is backup my current 0.99
> /etc/dovecot.conf - then install the latest 1.0.13 & then that should be
> all?

Not quite.  You need to port your existing config options to the new config
file.  It's changed syntax, and a few options have changed names.

However, that was ALL I changed.  Mind you, I'm running a very basic setup
(all Unix users in /etc/passwd + /etc/shadow, maildir, no quotas, etc).

> I read the WIKI link previously suggested and it was very dry and left
> me with a lot of questions...

Such as...?

--
Curtis Maloney