[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0 rc15 + Quota by user using mysql

Lucas Carlessi lucas at netvale.net
Tue May 27 23:11:18 EEST 2008

Hi all,

I installed the Dovecot on a Debian by apt-get, it's all working except
quota by user..

I have a database with all quotas in bytes, and that lines in
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf :

driver = mysql
connect = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=mailserver user=USER password=PASS
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
password_query = SELECT email as user, password FROM view_users WHERE
email='%u';
#Quota:
user_query = SELECT home AS maildir, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid,
CONCAT('dirsize:storage=', ROUND( view_users.quota / 1024) ) AS quota FROM
view_users WHERE email='%u';

and in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf :

protocol imap {
mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}

protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
  mail_plugins = quota
}

plugin {
#quota = maildir:ignore=Trash
}

But when I open the webmail I have no limit quotas!

If I put

quota = maildir:storage=101480

in plugin the quota works fine at 100MB, but in all users...

Is the query right? There is another way to configure quotas by user in
Dovecot 1.0 using mysql?

Sorry my bad English, and thank you all!