[Dovecot] Development news

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 16 20:29:29 EET 2008

First a list of all the new features and their state:

1. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-threadindexes/

THREAD=REFERENCES indexes. Missing NFS flushes, support for
mmap_disable=yes, breaks when more than one session modifies at the same
time. Not tested much if the replies are really correct at all. Also
started THREAD=X-REFERENCES2 but it doesn't work as expected.

2. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-virtualboxes/

Virtual mailboxes. Nothing changed since
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-March/029546.html

3. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-condstore/

Implemented CONDSTORE, QRESYNC, ESEARCH, SEARCHRES and WITHIN
extensions. The only known problem left is making CONDSTORE's STORE
UNCHANGEDSINCE operation atomic, but it requires changing transaction
log file format. Maybe I'll do it and just make v1.1 and v1.0 be able to
read the format and just ignore the modseq in the record.

Those code trees don't contain all the latest changes from v1.1 tree. So
at some point I'll start merging all of them into one dovecot-1.2 code
tree.

v1.1 is coming along pretty nicely. I'll make a new RC release in a few
days. After that probably one more and then v1.1.0.

Tomorrow begins a 5 week lab course at school. Every day and about 8
hours a day. And then we'll also have to write these reports about what
we have done and how/why, which takes quite a lot of time as well. After
5 weeks there's one free week and then probably another 2 week lab
course if I get selected there.

So I doubt I can get much Dovecot work done for the next two months.
It's also likely that I won't be answering mails much in this list
either.