[Dovecot] spamassassin, postfix with dovecot lda?

Nicolas KOWALSKI niko at petole.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 2 20:19:22 EEST 2008

George Mamalakis <mamalos at eng.auth.gr> writes:

> So my question is as follows:
>    Is there a way to call spamc from dovecot-LDA (and/or
> dovecot-sieve), or is there an alternate way to do this for a site
> with virtual mailboxes configured with dovecot-lda?

Hello,

I am currently running a similar setup, with spamc called per user at
delivery time, from postfix. I use the following settings (on a Debian
Etch system, so installation paths must be adapated).

- dovecot's deliver binary must be set setuid root,

- /etc/postfix/main.cf:

mailbox_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

- /etc/postfix/master.cf:

#
# dovecot
#
dovecot         unix    -       n       n       -       1       pipe
  flags=Rh user=dovecot argv=/usr/bin/spamc -u ${user} -e /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d ${user} -f ${sender}

--
Nicolas