[Dovecot] wrong permission

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 31 14:38:34 EEST 2008

> >>Do you see any errors related to this in log files? Do you see
> >>maildirfolder file inside that directory? If it really is created
> >>without +x, then Dovecot should fail the maildirfolder file creation
> >>and log it.
> >
> >Yes, I do see errors, thats how I find them. Permission denied errors.
>
> But what about the maildirfolder file? Does it exist? If not, do you
> see an error in logs:
>
> open(.../maildirfolder, O_CREAT) failed: Permission denied

I dont see any logged errors with O_CREAT. Only these:

dovecot-uidlist) failed: Permission denied

The created directories are empty:

userimap1# cd /var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/r/ro/rossXXX/INBOX/.Sport.NKR
userimap1# ls -al
total 8
drw-------   2 rossXXX  user  4096 Jul  2 18:35 .
drwx------  33 rossXXX  user  4096 Jul 31 07:39 ..