[Dovecot] Dovecot antispam (X-DSPAM-Signature)

Nuno Lopes nuno.lopes at portugalmail.pt
Thu Jul 24 03:27:56 EEST 2008

>> I recently installed an IMAP server with dovecot and the dovecot
>> antispam plugin with dspam backend.
>>
>> If I configure dspam to not include the signature in the
>> X-DSPAM-Signature header will I be able to move mail into SPAM folder?
>>

> Not with the dspam backend.
>
> johannes

I think that the question wasn't to the point. The problem we have is in
the transition phase. At one point we have emails with the DPSAM header
and emails that haven't got it but we don't want users to notice the
introduction of this plugin and DSPAM. So we would like to allow users
to move any mail to the spam folder even if those mails haven't got the
DSPAM signature. In which case the email could be moved and not passed
to dspam.

If you see this as a functionality that could go into your plugin we
would be willing to develop the patch based on any idea you have on how
this should be done.

Thanks,
--
Nuno Lopes