[Dovecot] \HasNoChildren versus \Noinferiors in ACL plugin and no CREATE permission

Heiko Schlichting dovecot-l at fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 23 19:47:03 EEST 2008

Hi,

using ACL plugin with dovecot 1.1.1 I expected that a Maildir was listed as

    * LIST (\NoInferiors) "/" "Foldername"

if "create" (k) permission is not set in ACLs and there doesn't exists any
subfolders. But to my surprise, dovecot gives the following output:

    * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Foldername"

Therefore the client (here: SquirrelMail) does not know about the inability
to create subfolders and offers "Foldername" in the selection for the
parent folder.

If there are exists already subfolders of "Foldername", dovecot has to use
\HasChildren and not \NoInferiors. But in other cases \NoInferiors should
be the correct answer and not \HasNoChildren. Or am I totally wrong?

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting          Freie Universität Berlin
heiko at FU-Berlin.DE         Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327   Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327   14195 Berlin