[Dovecot] quota vs. antispam issue

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Jul 21 07:48:42 EEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 23:53 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > Ok, that seems to work, but I think a better alternative would probably
> > be to make dest_mail a struct mail ** like the context.
>
> That'd be an API change and I'd rather not do that for v1.1. But I
> suppose it would be the best permanent solution, so I'll do that for
> v1.2.

Right, yeah, it'd be an API change, though I suppose the only external
plugin is probably mine ;) If you wanted to do it you could make some
header file declare a macro SAVE_FINISH_HAS_STRUCT_MAIL_PP, but I'm ok
with doing it in 1.2, except that means that during 1.1 antispam and
quota cannot be used together.

> How about these:
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/8dc6541b4426
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/dc280df713f4

Will check them out when I'm done travelling, sitting on a train right
now without connectivity.

> The problem isn't flags, it's that if the dest_mail is non-NULL then the
> mail storage backends must assume that caller wants to do something with
> the mail, so it should be added to index. For example with mbox if
> dest_mail=NULL the mails are added to index only if the mbox is already
> fully synchronized. With dest_mail!=NULL the mbox always gets
> synchronized (which could be slow).

Ok, I didn't know that part, thanks for the explanation.

johannes