[Dovecot] Multiple quota roots with quota-fs backend

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Mon Jul 21 11:36:48 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb am 21.07.2008 02:03:
> But most people haven't needed it, so it would be unnecessary extra
> checks for them. Wonder if it'd be better to just let them have the
> extra check or add a configuration option..
>
> I'm also a bit worried that if this check was always done it would break
> some existing setup where the check doesn't work correctly for some
> reason.

I see the point :-)

./src/plugins/quota/quota.c:

Looking over the new function 'quota_root_is_visible' let's me think,
that Grandy Fu's original solution (*) should work then, because
'noenforcing' does cover not only quota checking but also quota root
reporting. So 'noenforcing' is then just an alias for 'hidden'.
Right?

So the meaning will change from
   dovecot-1.1.1: 'noenforcing' => report, but don't enforce
   dovecot-1.1.2: 'noenforcing' => don't report and don't enforce

Or do I miss something?

(*)
  plugin {
    quota  = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail
    quota2  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h1
  }

   Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
   (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
   Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

     Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
      Web: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214
   PubKey: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr     Crypto: GnuPG, S/MIME

   Wenn Gott gewollt haette, dass E-Mail in HTML geschrieben wuerden,
   endeten Gebete traditionell mit </amen>. (Tom Listen)