[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot/sieve and vacation

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Sat Jul 19 02:35:11 EEST 2008

iaslanidis at flumotion.com wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. Because of the fact that this is a production server, I would like to be 100% sure that upgrading sieve will fix this issue. Could you confirm this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ioannis

Not sure. Vacation code is not changed since... first release sieve plugin.

Vacation code calls 2 functions: first marks dupes (it seems working) ,
then, if it success second function is called which actualy sends
vacation message. This action (success or failure) is loged in log file.
1. wthat is in your log files?
2. the only reason I can guess about failure in second function is
sendmail binary.  default value of "sendmail_path" (hardcoded) is
/usr/lib/sendmail. You can verify this:  "strings
/path/to/dovecot/deliver | grep sendmail" If default value is incorrect
try add sendmail_path variable in dovecot.conf
e.g.:
-----
 protocol lda {
   sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
 }
-----

..anyway I recommend upgrade to 1.0 release at less.

Uldis