[Dovecot] question dbox folders subscription

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jul 17 17:49:34 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> I don't really understand why you're having these dbox problems. If you
> use the same hierarchy separator with dbox and maildir, their behavior
> should be almost identical.

Hi Timo, with tb it isnt,
i. e. i wasnt able to delete folder
before using tb-extra-mailbox-sep with tb
this makes me real wonder, is this the normal behavior?
( deletion worked from a telent session, so it must be tb stuff )

the subscription behaves also not equal too with tb,
which might depend on tb-extra-mailbox-sep
but thats more a cosmetical issue

it might some config other problem at my test setup so
its a pitty that it seems that dbox is not widly in use
so comparing to others is hard

i like the concept of dbox, in my test i was the only format which makes
a shared namespace possible with folder named like user at example.de
so i will like to use it in the future.

I will prefer a layout like having
/usr/local/virtual/example.net/user at example.net layout on the filesystem
which can be used with postfixadmin

so i can use namespace like

namespace shared {
   separator = /
   prefix = "users/"
   location = dbox:/usr/local/virtual/%d/
   inbox = no
   list = yes
   subscriptions = yes
   hidden = no
}

namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = ""
   location = dbox:/usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/
   inbox = yes
   subscriptions = yes
   list = yes
}

and perhaps ( location might change cause by other layout, to make
public not to apear in shared )

namespace public {
   separator = /
   prefix = "public/"
   location dbox:/usr/local/virtual/%d/public/
   inbox = no
   list = yes
   subscriptions = yes
   hidden = no