[Dovecot] Postfix+maildrop+deliver?

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Tue Jul 15 11:17:54 EEST 2008

Tom Fernandes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently use procmail without the deliver LDA but would like to switch to
> using deliver. I also would like to get away from procmail for various
> reasons. Otherwise I could use the procmail-patch from
>
> http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2006-July/014656.html
>
> AFAICS.
>
> I don't want to use sieve because it's too limited

one thing I'm lacking is variable expansion, something like:

if header matches foostring-(.*), then deliver in folder bar.$1.

> and can't see a similar
> patch like the one for procmail available for maildrop.

why would you need such a patch for maildrop?

> What setup would I use for Postfix+maildrop+deliver?

you can build maildrop without authlib if you don't want authdaemon.

if you mailstore is "static/simple", you can then deliver directly with
maildrop.

Otherwise, use the -m flag to specify the target folder.