[Dovecot] Dovecot Sieve Broken with 1.1 RPMs?

Patrick Nagel patrick.nagel at star-group.net
Tue Jul 8 05:36:01 EEST 2008

Hi Gavin,

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, you wrote:
> We have been using dovecot v1:1.0.15-1_72 and dovecot-sieve v1.0.3-7
> very successfully for many months but I've been unable to get
> dovecot-sieve to work with the latest 1.1 release. The new release seems
> to completely ignore our global sieve script no matter what we do.
>
> Is anyone else using the atrpms-stable rpms packages and able to get
> dovecot-sieve to work correctly?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Gavin

yes, we're using the following

dovecot
Version: 1.1.1
Release: 2_76.el5

and

dovecot-sieve
Version: 1.1.5
Release: 8.el5

from atrpms, and sieve works as it did before.

Sieve relevant configuration looks as follows:

* in section 'protocol lda':
mail_plugins = cmusieve
sieve_global_dir = /storage/sieve

* in section 'plugin':
sieve = mailfilter.sieve

In each user's home directory who should have sieve filtering activated, we
place a mailfilter.sieve and in there we include one or more global and/or
personal sieve scripts.

For example:
* /home/john.doe/mailfilter.sieve:
require "include";
include :personal "vacation.sieve";
include :global "spam.sieve";

spam.sieve resides in the /storage/sieve directory.

Hope this helps.
Patrick.

--
STAR Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.            http://www.star-group.net/
Phone:    +86 (21) 3462 7688 x 826             Fax:   +86 (21) 3462 7779

PGP key:         https://stshacom1.star-china.net/keys/patrick_nagel.asc
Fingerprint:           E09A D65E 855F B334 E5C3 5386 EF23 20FC E883 A005