[Dovecot] [Help] quota_rule with LDAP backend, dovecot-1.1.1

Zhang Huangbin zhbmaillistonly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 06:03:25 EEST 2008

Hi, all.

I use dovecot-1.1.1 with OpenLDAP as userdb. but i failed to convert
quota value as expect.

I set '10' as mail quota, and it should be '10M' as expect, but it's
not effect, dovecot always uses 'quota_rule' setting in dovecot.conf.

How can i fix this issue? 10*1047576?

I have 'mailQuota' attr in ldap schema, such as:

----8<----
mailQuota: 10   # <- 10M
----8<----

My dovecot-ldap.conf:

----8<----
user_attrs =
homeDirectory=home,mailMessageStore=maildir:mail,mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
----8<----

And my dovecot.conf:

----8<----
plugin {
    quota = maildir

    # Quota rules.
    quota_rule = *:storage=10M
}

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- iRedMail: Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux & CentOS 5.x:
  http://iRedMail.googlecode.com/