[Dovecot] Using tags instead of folders?

Wed Jul 2 14:42:38 EEST 2008

On 7/2/2008 4:23 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
 > With v1.2 it'll be possible to create virtual mailboxes. Each keyword
 > could have its corresponding virtual mailbox. Pretty much like in
 > gmail.

I'm curious about how this will be controlled from the users/client
standpoint?

I'm guessing there would have to be some kind of support in the client
to be able to create/define/manipulate the virtual folders?

Hopefully an extension could be created in Thunderbird to do this...
maybe even with a little help from Grand Master Timo (since you are most
familiar with the best way for a client to talk to dovecot)? ;)

Thanks Timo... 1.1.x is really working well... so much better than 1.0.x
- which was already so much better than courier-imap. I'm still trying
to convince my biggest client to let me change them over to dovecot -
but when they finally let me, they're gonna love the difference...

--

Best regards,

Charles