[Dovecot] ManageSieve v0.10.3 released for Dovecot 1.1.1

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 2 03:06:24 EEST 2008

Daniel L. Miller schreef:
> Stephan Bosch wrote:
>> Hello Dovecot users,
>>
>> I have formulated a new release that addresses an important
>> ManageSieve compilation issue that arises when compiling with GCC 4.3
>> (as used by the new Debian Lenny).
> Sorry for being slightly off-topic - but if you change your code to be
> compliant with GCC-4.3, would it still compile under older versions?
Yes, this problem only resulted from using the concept of inline
functions in a way that is not appropriate (but that was handled
gracefully in older versions of GCC). Starting with GCC 4.2, this
resulted in a series of warnings which I fixed for the new Sieve
implementation, but I forgot to fix those for managesieve. Obviously,
GCC 4.3 is more strict in this regard, making compilation fail entirely.
So, fixing this problem does not affect older versions of GCC.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl