[Dovecot] Using dovecot proxy as multi-account aggregator?
mika.bostrom at nomovok.com
Mon Jan 28 17:03:31 EET 2008
I am trying to build a rather weird setup. The basic idea is to have a
relatively simple IMAP client and let dovecot do the actual connections.
So far both the documentation and my trials on this front have been
The desired components:
- 1 dovecot server, acting as a proxy
- 1 master account
- 1 client connection
- 0 "real" user accounts, so no local mail storage at all
- N real accounts, spread over different domains
- mails from different remote accounts combined to the single client
- outgoing server for mails selected by the address of the remote account
Since the proxy setup can use name at domain.tld as destination user, it
would appear that the setup is not impossible. Hence my two questions:
1) Is it possible?
2) If yes, how in the name of all that is good and holy do I configure
And believe me, I am fully aware that for most setups a full-featured
client or fetchmail would be the easier path.
Thank you for any and all help in advance,
Mika Boström / mika.bostrom at nomovok.com
More information about the dovecot