[Dovecot] Count breaks socket

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Fri Jan 25 16:59:43 EET 2008

If I use the socket option I can't use the count option to create more
authentication processes. I get this error. Thanks in advance.

dovecot: Jan 25 06:57:04 Error: auth(default): Socket already exists:
/var/run/dovecot/auth-client

auth default {

  mechanisms = plain

  passdb passwd-file {
    # Master users that can log in as anyone
    args = /etc/dovecot.masterusers
    master = yes
    pass =yes
  }

  # Linuxconf passwd-like file with specified location
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/exim/control/vmail/shadow.%d
  }

  # Linuxconf passwd-like file with specified location
  userdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/exim/control/vmail/passwd.%d
  }

  socket listen {
    master {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode = 0666
    }
    client {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode = 0666
    }
  }

  # Number of authentication processes to create
#  count = 10

}