[Dovecot] Proxy logging destuser

Paul Gamble - MWEB PGamble at mweb.com
Thu Aug 14 09:36:06 EEST 2008

Hi All

My first post to the list, so "hello world"!

Having searched the list archives and the wiki for an answer to this, I
don't think it is possible. However, let me ask nonetheless...

Is it possible for a Dovecot proxy's login process (IMAP and POP3) to
include the "destuser", i.e. the uid used to authenticate to the backend
IMAP/POP3 server, in its logging? "%u" gives me the uid provided by the
client of course, but it would useful for my purposes to catch the
"destuser" in the same log line.

The only way to get the proxy to log "destuser" at all, as far as I can
figure out, is to enable "auth debug" - not something I want to do in a
production environment.

Thanking-you,
Paul

New from MWEB: Cellphone and Internet bundles! Bundle your Internet access with your cellular contract from R75 per month.
Call 08600 32000 or click here(http://www.mweb.co.za/productsservices/MTALKMobile/tabid/1223/Default.aspx) for more info on the great deals available.

MWEB :-)  JUST LIKE THAT