[Dovecot] expire-plugin: configuration dict-server

Eric Toczek eric at flerd.com
Tue Aug 5 21:51:49 EEST 2008

Dino Ming wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> It's worked after I append the INBOX. in front of Trash
> The record entered into the table with path and timestamp, but missing
> value for the username. Is this make sense ?

Yup this is as expected.  From Timo when I asked him about it:
"The expire data is "shared" so username=NULL. You could probably remove
the whole username field. I did think about problems related to this
yesterday though, so maybe this gets changed somehow some day."

Figured since dovecot may use the username at one point, that we should
just leave it in the table.
> Here come the other questions. When I run the expire-tool, its just
> remove the inserted record from the dict_expire table.
> But anyway, I will test it for a few days first.

Hmm.. odd that it removed it. Run it with a --test and it should tell
you what it is doing. Did it remove the message from the Trash too as
well as the db entry?