[Dovecot] keep users from deleting email

Mon Apr 14 16:51:57 EEST 2008

On 4/14/2008 9:42 AM, Adam Williams wrote:
> I looked on the dovecot website, but didn't find an answer.  With
> dovecot 1.0, is there a way to keep users from deleting their email?  So
> that when they click the delete button on their email client, nothing
> happens/dovecot refuses to delete email, etc?

I was thinking about a possible plugin - call it maybe 'fake-delete or
something - that would move all messages that a user deletes to a hidden
folder in their maildir, for admin purposes... you could also use the
expire plugin to keep this from growing indefinitely.

But to prevent them from deleting them altogether? Why?

If you just want a read-only maildir, just do that - so only admins can
delete messages from protected accounts...

--

Best regards,

Charles