[Dovecot] backup dovecot

Bazy bazy at darkdawn.net
Fri Nov 23 12:53:50 EET 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:40:24 +0300
Nikolay Shopik <shopik at inblock.ru> wrote:

> What is correct way to backup dovecot store? Is am I right what is just
> enough to copy all maildir and my configuration. So in case failure I
> can just prepare new machine copy config, maildirs and I'm good to go
> with this.

I think that you should use a cheap machine with a disk drive as big as the mail server's (or use squashfs) and imapsync every night... that way people will be able to access their mail the next second that the big server fails. Look at http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync

It's just an idea... not the best way to do it I guess...