[Dovecot] dovecot mysql support

Benjamin R. Haskell dovecot at benizi.com
Mon Nov 19 12:42:43 EET 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, jan gestre wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2007 12:57 AM, Bazy <bazy at darkdawn.net> wrote:
>>
>> jan gestre wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm using CentOS 4.5, is the dovecot default rpm comes with mysql
>>> support? Do I need to rebuild it?
>>>

>>> TIA.
>>>
>>> jan
>>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> You need to rebuild it, without any patches or so... Just enable mysql
>> and LDA support in the .spec and don't forget to edit yum.conf and
>> exclude=postfix*.
>>

> Hi Bazy,
>
> Sigh.. that's what I'm afraid of, anyways, I tried rebuilding it using
> dovecot-1.0.7-0_63.src.rpm however I keep on getting this
>
> # rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/dovecot.spec
>
> "Unknown tag error in line 1"
> %bcond_without inotify <--- line 1
>
> I already tried adding --without inotify switch with same result.
> Googling around told me that the option is only  available on the
> 2.6.13 kernel and above, the CentOS4 kernel is only 2.6.9. Any ideas
> how to resolve this?

I ran into the same problem on CentOS 4.5. It's not the 'inotify' part
that's causing that error message. It's the %bcond_without. See the wiki
(Building your own rpms) for how to add those macros.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PrebuiltBinaries#line-54

After those RPM macros are installed, you also need to add --without
inotify:

rpmbuild --without inotify -bb /path/to/dovecot.spec

I didn't have to add anything regarding 'quota'. (This was with 1.0.1 a
while ago, though. YMMV.)

Best,
Ben