[Dovecot] question mailbox format

sc2 at gmx.at sc2 at gmx.at
Sun May 27 10:34:18 EEST 2007

Hello
i will try the tips from alan too

> You're making it difficult to try to help, by not answering the questions
> or providing requested information...
I did, sorry i hope so

> Again - was that config output you provided the FULL output of dovecot -n?
> It looked incomplete to me...

b.) the output from -n, in mails before was the complete output  here again
the complete output of -n
protocols: pops pop3s
ssl_listen: *:995
ssl_cert_file: /etc/mail/certs/wildcard/cert.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/mail/certs/wildcard/nopass.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
mail_location: mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format: %08Xu%08Xv
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: shadow
    args: /etc/shadow
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

c.) the system where 0.99 was running was nother server (Cent OS), i didnt
upgrade there 2 different servers.
on 0.99 the env is: default_mail_env = mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u

d.) I know that:
mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX:/var/indexes/%u
dont seems correct for you, but i dont work with directorys
i get the emails if the mbox files are there !
only if the file are not here he trys to make a directory instead of the
file.
If the file is there he gets e-mails from.
Example: mails in /var/spool/mail/test (file) > works fine
no /var/spool/mail/test file here, when user test logins > dovecote creaetes
a directory called test in /var/spool/mail/test where new messages then
arrives

At this e-mail server the mails are gone to a file (mbox file) called like
the username in /var/spool/mail
So all works fine if he wouldnt, make a directory instead of a "file" when
file is not there

sorry i know its hard cause my english is &&&...i try to give out the
information i have.