[Dovecot] apparent bug with filesystem quota and message lists

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Jul 31 21:22:58 EEST 2007

Haven't heard from Timo yet, but in my research on migrate to the
maildir format from my present mbox standard, I stumbled over this in
the Maildir Configuration wiki page:

> Dovecot can't currently handle not being able to write the control
> files, so it will cause problems with filesystem quota
> <http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/FS>. To avoid problems with this, you
> should place control files into a partition where quota isn't checked.
> You can specify this by adding :CONTROL=<path> to mail_location, for
> example:
>
> mail_location = *maildir*:~/*Maildir*:CONTROL=/var/no-quota/%u

This, of course is for Maildir format, while I am currently using mbox.
My current mail_location line looks like this:
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/dcindx/%u
can/should I do something like this to fix my problem:?
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:CONTROL=/var/no-quota/%u
:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/dcindx/%u

FWIW, there is no quota on the index filesystem (/var/dcindx).

Relying further on the kinde

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources